I-76 Viaduct Repairs
- U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) Lane Closures Overnights Sept. 18 & 19 for Viaduct Construction in Philadelphia (9/14/2019)– The left lane is scheduled to close on northbound and southbound U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) between Fox Street and 17th Street in Philadelphia on Wednesday, September 18, and Thursday, September 19, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for construction activities under a project to rehabilitate the half-mile-long Wayne Junction Viaduct which carries … Read moreU.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) Lane Closures Overnights Sept. 18 & 19 for Viaduct Construction in Philadelphia
- I-76 Full, Partial Closures Sept. 13-20 for Viaduct Rehabilitation, Paving in Center City (9/14/2019)– Eastbound Interstate 76 will be closed and detoured between the 30th Street and South Street interchanges in Center City Philadelphia from 11:00 PM tonight, September 13, to 5:00 AM Monday, September 16, for pavement repairs and repaving of a section of the Schuylkill Expressway viaduct, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today. During the … Read moreI-76 Full, Partial Closures Sept. 13-20 for Viaduct Rehabilitation, Paving in Center City
- Chestnut Street Bridge Over the Schuylkill River Closed for One Year of Construction in Center City (8/2/2019)– The Chestnut Street bridge over the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia was closed August 5 for a year of construction to repair and redeck the 62-year-old eastbound connection between University City and Center City, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today. Chestnut Street is closed to vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians between Schuylkill Avenue near 30th … Read moreChestnut Street Bridge Over the Schuylkill River Closed for One Year of Construction in Center City
- Construction Update: Summer 2019 (7/9/2019)– Eastbound I-76 Paving this Summer PennDOT’s contractor is making progress on repairing the structural components and the deck of the eastbound Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) viaduct in Center City Philadelphia and begins resurfacing the eastbound lanes between 30th Street and University Avenue exits this summer. Crews continue to rehabilitate the support columns on the underside … Read moreConstruction Update: Summer 2019
- Construction Update: Spring 2019 (4/12/2019)– Construction Underway on Eastbound Lanes Spring 2019 – PennDOT’s contractor has begun repairs to the long viaduct that carrier Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) along the west bank of the Schuylkill River between 30th Street and University Avenue exits in Center City Philadelphia. Work is taking place on the underside of the mile-long structure to repairs … Read moreConstruction Update: Spring 2019
- Wolf Administration Announces Start of Construction on I-76 Viaducts (3/22/2019)– King of Prussia, PA – The Wolf Administration announced today that construction will begin Thursday night, April 4, on a project to rehabilitate two Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) viaducts, including the 6,120-foot-long structure between the Interstate 676 and University Avenue exits in Center City Philadelphia and a 345-foot-long structure over Route 23 and Arrowmink Creek … Read moreWolf Administration Announces Start of Construction on I-76 Viaducts
Click here for construction update.