I-76 Viaduct Repairs
- I-76 East Right Shoulder Closures Feb. 17-21 for Bridge Repairs in Montgomery County (2/16/2020) – Right shoulder closures are scheduled on eastbound I-76 between the King of Prussia and Gulph Mills interchanges in Montgomery County on Monday, February 17, through Friday, February 21, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for bridge repairs.
- I-76 East Lane Closure Feb. 19 & 20 for Tree Trimming Operations in Philadelphia (2/15/2020) – A left lane closure is scheduled on eastbound Interstate 76 from just east of the University Avenue Interchange to the Passyunk Avenue Interchange in Philadelphia on Wednesday, February 19 and Thursday, February 20, from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, for tree trimming operations, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today. Motorists are advised to … Read moreI-76 East Lane Closure Feb. 19 & 20 for Tree Trimming Operations in Philadelphia
- I-76 West Lane Closure, Full Closure at Night Feb. 17-20 for Viaduct Demolition near 30th Street in Philadelphia (2/15/2020) – Westbound Interstate 76 will be reduced to a single lane between the 30th Street and Interstate 676 interchanges from 9:00 PM to 11:00 PM, on Monday, February 17, to Thursday, February 20, then closed completely each night from 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM the following morning for demolition of the concrete deck on a section … Read moreI-76 West Lane Closure, Full Closure at Night Feb. 17-20 for Viaduct Demolition near 30th Street in Philadelphia
- PennDOT, TSA Remind Pennsylvanians About REAL ID Enforcement (1/24/2020) – Federal enforcement begins October 1, 2020 Allentown, PA – Representatives from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) and the federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA) reminded Pennsylvanians to upgrade their driver’s license or identification card to a REAL ID-compliant version at an event at the Lehigh Valley International Airport. Beginning October 1, 2020, a federally-accepted form of identification (whether … Read morePennDOT, TSA Remind Pennsylvanians About REAL ID Enforcement
- Chestnut Street Bridge Over the Schuylkill River Closed for One Year of Construction in Center City (8/2/2019) – The Chestnut Street bridge over the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia was closed August 5 for a year of construction to repair and redeck the 62-year-old eastbound connection between University City and Center City, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today. Chestnut Street is closed to vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians between Schuylkill Avenue near 30th … Read moreChestnut Street Bridge Over the Schuylkill River Closed for One Year of Construction in Center City
- Construction Update: Summer 2019 (7/9/2019) – Eastbound I-76 Paving this Summer PennDOT’s contractor is making progress on repairing the structural components and the deck of the eastbound Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) viaduct in Center City Philadelphia and begins resurfacing the eastbound lanes between 30th Street and University Avenue exits this summer. Crews continue to rehabilitate the support columns on the underside … Read moreConstruction Update: Summer 2019
- Construction Update: Spring 2019 (4/12/2019) – Construction Underway on Eastbound Lanes Spring 2019 – PennDOT’s contractor has begun repairs to the long viaduct that carrier Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) along the west bank of the Schuylkill River between 30th Street and University Avenue exits in Center City Philadelphia. Work is taking place on the underside of the mile-long structure to repairs … Read moreConstruction Update: Spring 2019
- Wolf Administration Announces Start of Construction on I-76 Viaducts (3/22/2019) – King of Prussia, PA – The Wolf Administration announced today that construction will begin Thursday night, April 4, on a project to rehabilitate two Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) viaducts, including the 6,120-foot-long structure between the Interstate 676 and University Avenue exits in Center City Philadelphia and a 345-foot-long structure over Route 23 and Arrowmink Creek … Read moreWolf Administration Announces Start of Construction on I-76 Viaducts
Click here for construction update.