I-76 Viaduct Repairs
- I-76 Lane Closures Overnight July 22-25 for ITS Installation in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties (7/19/2019)– Interstate 76 motorists will encounter periodic single lane closures in both directions at various locations between the Montgomery Drive and Pennsylvania Turnpike interchanges in Philadelphia and Montgomery counties on Monday, July 22, through Thursday, July 25, from 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM for installation of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) components, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation … Read moreI-76 Lane Closures Overnight July 22-25 for ITS Installation in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties
- I-76 to Close at Night July 22-28 for Rehabilitation of Two Viaducts in Center City (7/19/2019)– Eastbound and westbound Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) in Center City Philadelphia will close at night for painting of the Schuylkill Avenue viaduct over the expressway at 30th Street and for repairs and repaving of a section of the Schuylkill Expressway viaduct between the 30th Street and University Avenue interchanges, the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) … Read moreI-76 to Close at Night July 22-28 for Rehabilitation of Two Viaducts in Center City
- Construction Update: Summer 2019 (7/9/2019)– Eastbound I-76 Paving this Summer PennDOT’s contractor is making progress on repairing the structural components and the deck of the eastbound Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) viaduct in Center City Philadelphia and begins resurfacing the eastbound lanes between 30th Street and University Avenue exits this summer. Crews continue to rehabilitate the support columns on the underside … Read moreConstruction Update: Summer 2019
- Construction Update: Spring 2019 (4/12/2019)– Construction Underway on Eastbound Lanes Spring 2019 – PennDOT’s contractor has begun repairs to the long viaduct that carrier Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) along the west bank of the Schuylkill River between 30th Street and University Avenue exits in Center City Philadelphia. Work is taking place on the underside of the mile-long structure to repairs … Read moreConstruction Update: Spring 2019
- Wolf Administration Announces Start of Construction on I-76 Viaducts (3/22/2019)– King of Prussia, PA – The Wolf Administration announced today that construction will begin Thursday night, April 4, on a project to rehabilitate two Interstate 76 (Schuylkill Expressway) viaducts, including the 6,120-foot-long structure between the Interstate 676 and University Avenue exits in Center City Philadelphia and a 345-foot-long structure over Route 23 and Arrowmink Creek … Read moreWolf Administration Announces Start of Construction on I-76 Viaducts
Click here for current travel alerts.
Click here for construction update.